So the Lunderbake of 2017 is underway, and here’s me and Jeff C tandem playing dulcimers.
There were so many lovely moments yesterday, herewi(s)h a string of pearls..
- hovering over Peggy’s phone and looking a pictures of newborn twins – yes she is now a gran 4 times over!
- talking to Jeff C about Elon Musk’s plan to end the reign of gasoline engines
- Many necessary hugs with his lady wife Jeri Lynn
- Noodling on dulcimer with Jeri Lynn noodling along on BETSY – ALL OF THE CELLO LOVE
- The phenom smells from 8 hours of baking
- Two meals, curried squash soup and butter chicken and veg
- Jeri Lynn saying that it’s nice to go where your wifi just works
- WHERE IS OTTO ??? Shad being appalled I didn’t bring him “We’re on a break” and “I think I know who the new baby is”
- Shad pulling out 40 Million Light Years, which I wrote, and she had the lyrics and I didn’t
- shame, not shamed, it was ossum that fucking chorus is one of the best I ever wrote in terms of immediate appeal and singability
- Me describing to Jeff C how I grabbed the underloved Buffy characters to write filks for
- JOCO references. SO MANY JOCO REFERENCES
- I can talk about fanfic without anybody blanching. Get recs.
- Maple syrup shortbread cookies. I’m glad I’m not a man, I would have overloaded my trews.
- Finding out that my dulcimer is not weird, but it isn’t common
- Messing with tunings
- sadface, called Mike but he was in for the night
- GOT A JOB INTERVIEW (it’s an agency, but even so) for Monday morning while I was there