I haven’t had any beer in three days. I think this is the longest I’ve gone without drinking beer for at least three years. Somehow going to Ontario made me less susceptible to its bubbly siren song. I certainly have noticed now that I am drinking coffee as an occasional stimulant and much less beer that my digestion is better than it has been in years.
Last night I cooked roast beef and home made gravy, side of horseradish, potatoes and onions done around the roast, peas and carrots, broccoli and spinach and brussels sprouts, yorkshire pudding (one recipe yields 12 pudding-lets) and others had ice cream for dessert but I skipped that part. I had a wonderful time preparing it and eating it, and watching Paul, Jeff, Katie and Keith demolish it. Frankly I think Katie enjoyed it most. She’s trying to cut sugar out of her diet and her eyes lit up when she saw all the vegetables. As Catherine said, at this time of year the produce in Canada is quite astonishing.
Today I have many ugly tedious chores to perform, a list of which would likely be more detail than any sane reader could bear. I hope to squeeze writing down one song in there… I am also hoping to listen to the two albums Dave gave me all the way through. And more Homicide… we’re close to the end now. The show ran 7 seasons and it’s been my constant companion for months now.
And now for something completely different.
Ten reasons I love Val Kilmer.
1. He once punched out Tom Cruise. (On the set of Top Gun).
2. Madmartigan in Willow.
3. Jim Morrison in the Doors.
4. Ray Levoi in Thunderheart.
5. Doc Holliday in Tombstone.
6. Heart heart heart Chris Knight in Real Genius.
7. He named his kids something reasonable. Jack and Mercedes are sane names, in my view.
8. He THOUGHT about running for Governor of New Mexico and decided against it.
9. He helps with wildlife rehabilitation.
10. He’s slept with Joanne Whalley, the lucky dog.