The best thing about this slice o video is Mickey Rooney’s OH HELLS YEAH I’D TAP THAT expression. The woman in question was June Preisser.
Various developments have prevented Jeff from rejoining us today… Buster is weary of his absence.
It’s a beautiful day and the back door is open to air out the house.
Each time I consider putting together a todo list, my lungs crackle in a particularly ghastly way. Other than my ribs hurting every time I cough (cough has gone drier than dust) and maybe having half a degree of fever which leaves me disinclined to move, I’m fine. Sure I could be doing laundry if I didn’t break into a sweat just thinking about it. Skritching cats is ’bout all I’m good for.
and now, to demonstrate how much I love and respect Jeff, and miss him, I’m posting this reddit link which combines three of his interests; F1, gently deriding the French for their cultural subtleties, and poop. The idea that Lewis Hamilton would publicly comment on such a thing is mahvellous.
Fun things to do in Burnaby!
– Encounter a bear in our parkland – Burnaby doesn’t enjoy 25% greenspace for nothing, y’all
– Experience one of the world’s most obnoxious English-speaking sidewalk preachers
– Thrill-seekers will enjoy the challenging brevity of all our highway on-ramps, and thrill harder to the challenging brevity of the attention span of most Burnaby drivers
– Try to find a residential address in Champlain Heights at night
– Enjoy an on-line city council meeting with Joe Shithead (okay it’s not his name any more but it’s funny)
– Ride the miniature train in Confederation Park (legit touristy thing)
– Get a cold malted beverage from Glenburne Dairy, but bring your own straw, the ones they supply suck little but ass, and call first, their hours of operation are wtf
– Catch COVID in the lineup for the Arcade at Brentwood
– Quarantine yourself at the Days Inn Motel afterwards
– Figure out the City of Burnaby garbage schedule without resorting to performance enhancing drugs (if you suffer from deficits to colour vision you can skip this one)
– Fistfight with your neighbours about parking
– Call Burnaby City Hall about parking
– Write a strongly worded letter to the editor of the Burnaby Now about parking
– Get Chris Campbell of the Burnaby Now to write an editorial about your letter. You won’t have to try too hard.
– Get a small dead fish dropped on your head by a heron in Fraser Foreshore Park
– Argue with anti-maskers in Deer Lake Park; flee to the parking lot like a little bitch when about twenty of their walking buddies show up behind them
– Quarantine yourself at the Days Inn Motel afterwards
– Write a review of all the Burnaby Skytrain stations in rank order from least to most scary. Post it to r/burnaby on reddit and watch the fur fly, kids!
– Be grateful you’re not in Whalley
– Visit one of the world’s most beautiful carousels. Bring earplugs.
– Blow through the speed trap at the bottom of Gaglardi Hill at 90kph and then cry all over the cop about how it shouldn’t be 60 kph if it’s built like the Coquihalla
– Get stuck behind the 100 bus in heavy traffic
– Try to beat the train signal on Cariboo Road
– Rent a hot, pipey two-stroke motorcycle, score a grab bag of pills and ride like Nic Cage up and down Kingsway all night
– Try to figure out if the restaurant you’re ordering delivery from is a money laundering operation
– Wake up to the terrifying sound of pyrotechnics for a night shoot at the location on Marine Drive
– Redesign the civic flag, please, have you seen that schmata
Katie visited! she brought timmy ho’s coffee and donuts with her, god bless her. We had a nice long chat and a nice brief hug and solved the world’s problems. You know, the usual.
LOL. Do not put anything on the sign that looks like…. well you know. Also, talk about your abuse of retail food shift workers….
Well, that’s what I call it.
Jeez, it’s almost like you can’t expect the feds to actually investigate. I have no idea where we’d be without Citizen Journalists.
OH MY DUCKING SOD. Free DNA test with application Please note this link will disappear in 60 days. But essentially it’s just another brick in the EMPLOYERS ARE DUCKED IN THE BREAD wall.
I’ll get my shit together later, or maybe tomorrow.
Lovely… and I mean absolutely life-affirming and beautiful …. walk in Fraser Foreshore yesterday. We took it easy and stopped at every bench to look at the trees and the water. SO MANY songbirds, the forest just rang with their voices.
Fed Paul homemade greek salad, the last of the garbanzo stew and homemade lemonade for lunch, also got a financial errand run.
Katie DROPPED BY AFTER WORK yesterday, I felt like a celebrity was stopping by. Love her so much. She’s just starting to show, she should be off work by Jeff’s birthday.
Live your life like this internet toddler:
Today is Juneteenth. Do not be fooled. As long as Black and racialized people are being shot, unjustly imprisoned and deported in such horrifying numbers in the US, it doesn’t matter what feel-good holidays are signed into law. It’s just more Martin Luther King Day: white people get the day off and Black people get to work two shifts, while the Republicans are doing everything possible to remove their voting rights.
well I don’t have much going for me but I’ve managed to keep a blog running almost two hundred times longer than Donald Jerkwaddle Trump
And on a completely different subject, every time Disney does something really repellent, especially around gay people, I snark my ass off, because I have a bunch of hellagay friends who come within a c-hair of worshipping Disney and it’s just… so….wrong, but if I say something I’m peeing on someone’s fandom, etc so here’s me not making an ass of myself on social media but the five people who read this blog KNOW WHAT I THINK
Drugs that is.
Whatcha gonna do
whatcha gonna do
whatcha gonna do when the drugs run out
you’re gonna run out and get some more
drugs drugs drugs d-d-d drugs drugs drugs
etc. etc. etc.