1. Jeff says he’s paying too much money for rent. In Vancouver that is not true but he sure could pay less rent elsewhere in the province, someplace on the Island for example. He says he’s going to give me plenty of notice so I am very relaxed about this. Not having in house tech support would just about kill me, as would giving up the flat screen and cable and the PVR, but life is full of interesting times and changes. It definitely means I might end up with a different roommate though, and that raises the specter of a whole other series of maddening things; Jeff is/was the best roommate evar, as I believe I have stated a number of times. I can see his point though and we all have to take care of our own needs.
2. The new Galapagos BBC 3D documentary from David Attenborough is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. Highly highly recommended. Don’t forget to watch the “making of” too.
3. Signed off on my taxes for the last 4 years. I should get a large amount of money back, but of course the feds will have to look at the returns before that happens. I remain sanguine.
4. Job hunting is interesting. I got a lead from my network of contacts, and it is wonderful that it happened BEFORE I started instituting the new job search parameters (working the network).
5. South Fraser Unitarian Congregation may get me as a speaker for Easter. I’d whip out my previously provided Jesus service. We shall see; I have not yet received a response.
6. The sun is out, and I walked around in it, and of course the world seems like a better place.
7. (link removed for safety) This. Oh, this.
8. I came up with a really cool idea for a science fiction story and forgot to write it down. It has something to do with old people and robots, and damn I’m mad – I have a pad downstairs for all the ideas I get while I’m watching tv and there are tons of them so far. Why, o why, blarp blergle. I could have just written it down. That’s what pen and paper FOR, SILLY APE.
9. Did I mention I am on the waitlist for the Translink busker program? If I’m still not working, I may do that to raise cash.
10. I’m going to have some of the roasted squash and roasted garlic soup for lunch and then back to the job hunt.
11. I’ve been sleeping downstairs and completely NOT HAVING ANY SCREENS in my sleeping room. As a consequence my back is much better.
12. WOWZERS. Great news for deaf people.