The US has declared a cold war on China with a recent move to cripple Chinese ability to make integrated circuits using the latest technology.
- (10th anniversary of Xi Jinping’s ascension to power, Chinese ‘support’ for Russia (which has softened remarkably in the last few months),
- tensions in the South China Sea in general and Taiwan in particular,
- a 30% collapse of the housing market, the shakiness of rural Chinese banks (facing tremendous pressure from angry mortgagees),
- continuing genocide against the Uyghurs (although China easily knocked down any attempt to discuss it at the UN level earlier this month),
- home-grown activism (not well reported in Canada) about the continuing COVID lockdowns,
- worst youth unemployment in many years (always a contributing factor to both war drums and civil unrest)
looks perfect unless you consider how many lives are at stake and that none of this is a freaking game.
I uphold the lives, worth and aspirations of the Chinese people and honour their revolutionary martyrs, cultural figures and great artists. The CPC including the army and its foreign agents currently active in Canada can go fuck it/themsself.
Walked in Deer Lake Park with Paul yesterday, came back for chicken barley soup and iced tea.
I got a fantastic night of sleep; practicing proper sleep hygiene made a sound difference.
6561 words on Part II
Lovely pile of kudos from AO3 in the inbox this morning.
Totally enjoying Sharpe’s Stories!
Hope to call some friends on the phone today and catch up.
I need a picture of the Camaro for Suzanne.