Month: July 2007
For Chipper, Loki, Robof9 and Dave D. and any redheads I missed.
Feel the Weasley love – or not.
Maybe I don’t want to be sitting next to the printer anymore
Mike at Baumfest
I had to watch Blowup as part of a film course in University. It’s a berloody strange film.
Candles for womenfolks….
Foremostly, Peggy! Praise her with great praise!
Patricia, for being such an awesome coworker!
Deb for the wonderful comments and the wry observations.
Chipper, for providing the venue for one of my most extreme religious experiences. I just found a pic of us moving the outhouse. Happy sigh.
For Katie K and her job prospects. I am SO hoping you get the job.
For Lady Miss Banjola and her continuing recovery, I hope to full health and mobility, after her accident.
For Daughter Katie, who hasn’t phoned in the best part of a week despite Harry Potter being here!
And Me Mum.
I light some candles for menfolks
I light a candle for Cousin Gerald’s kinsman and his swift recovery from a horrible car accident.
I light a candle for a man who cannot keep his mouth shut. I hope and pray that this last incident teaches him at last some scintilla of tact; I light this candle in spite of my doubts. Also, may my quite large and rude crush on him please die an immediate death.
I light a candle for a former close friend. Closets are for clothes.
I light a candle for my brother’s birthday. Jeff is so brilliant, funny, creative, hospitable and widely read that I wriggle like a happy Lab puppy when I think he’s my only sibling. And he’s coming to Vancouver and he may even stay with me a bit. Yip!
I light candles for Ben’s birthday, in binary. (This is the tradition with the ‘Villeans’ (pron. Villains)). Unusual cakes with candles for the age in binary. Highly recommended, and faster to light (because you leave some unlit, because they’re binary…)
I light a candle for RobofNine, ubergeek!
I light a candle for Paul, for keeping the negotiations real, with my thanks.
I light a candle for Keith, may he ever grow in enterprise, wisdom and compassion.
And of course pOp.
And from the give me a ******* break department….
Oh, man – from Cousin Glenn (as the kids say, WORD)
Glenn’s List of Unfortunate Relationship Truths
- It is possible to find that you no longer love someone, regardless of how nice, intelligent, sensitive or deserving they may be.
- It is possible to love someone very much, but not want to have sex with them.
- It is possible to love someone very much, but not be able to live with them. Maybe you feel stifled, or something about them simply sends you batsh*t (or vice-versa).
- It is possible to love someone very much and still want to do something else more, and if necessary you will sacrifice the love.
- It is possible to stop loving someone, refuse to admit it even to yourself, and put yourself and all around you through five or ten years misery because of it.
- Same as number 5, but refuse to admit that there is something you really want to have/do/be and this ain’t it.
- Sometimes it rains.
Once, my dad signed my absence slip “M Mouse”
The department of non sequiturs has forbloshed the quixars
RIP Ingmar Bergman
Gone off to play chess with death, I assume.
Quoted from CNN….
In a 2004 interview with Swedish broadcaster SVT, the reclusive filmmaker acknowledged that he was reluctant to view his work.
“I don’t watch my own films very often. I become so jittery and ready to cry … and miserable. I think it’s awful,” Bergman said.
oo! oo! oo!
Primate grunts and hoots! Trevor loaned me a copy of Meet the Feebles AND Bad Taste! I can feel an evening of serious video coming on! My place, Friday!!! Man, there’s nothing like having ex-pat Kiwis working with you.
And in other Kiwi news, Tanya’s hubbbay has got his papers and can legally work here. Woo hoo! Time to have a hangi!!!
Through the thistles thick and thin
Honey I’m Home
fwd from Chipper