Stella doesn’t REALLY talk. She uses a technique called AAC and pushes buttons that do the talking for her.
Got into a beatdown with a bunch of one of the most self-righteous pot activists (like there’s another fucking kind) on twitter today.
Come ON I smoke, but I don’t smoke and blow smoke in the faces of the allergic and the elderly, and they’re announcing it’s their RIGHT, because this is VANCOUVER, home of TOLERANCE. Yeah I’ll believe that when Canada gives back the unceded lands, you unregenerate failure of logic. I’m like a homophobe for harshing their mellow. Srsly. Got accused of equivalency to homophobia for objecting to people dousing the entire west end in pot smoke for their stupid fucking 420 festival (which leaves heaps of trash mounded everywhere and they’re all cryface because they didn’t get a fucking permit.) F*ck me!
I realized that when you put asterisks in f*cking swearwords you’re putting a leedle asshole right in the meedle of the word and since when you’re swearing there’s usually an asshole involved, it’s mesmerizingly poifect.
I love Buster, he’s an amazing cat. And he loves me too, I know it. I don’t think Miss Margot cares if I live or die, but Buster does.
My latest piece of fanfic smut has more than five hundred likes (it’s cute and hot, so there)
I’ve written a BDSM scene in the same ‘verse but I’m not happy with it yet. I had to put in about 200 words about how the scene is ‘necessary but non-consensual’ which kinda blows (or not!) since scenes need consent if they’re to resonate with me writing, at all. So it’s like “We’ve talked about this – I hate it when you want me (and need me) to top you but I’m s’posed to read your mind – and topping when you’re angry at your partner is a bad bad bad idea” followed by “Do what ya gotta, man, just hit me really hard.” Oh, and there are minor children in the house while this sh*t’s going down, just to make it even more like real life, and our heroes must deal with the domestic consequences of Daddies fighting. I LOVE A CHALLENGE. After all, continuing to have interesting sex after kids *is* a continuing challenge in real life. People want carefree smut? they can look elsewhere; to me smut always has a cost. Who bears it depends on who’s being responsible, or not.
Not that anybody wants to know, but I’m really not into any of those behaviours in real life. Nagging at volume is sort of where I max out, ask any of my exes.
Continuing to have the poly life discussion with someone. It’s painful. Really painful. I feel like I have my nose up again a particularly interesting window. I can smell bread baking. But no. G*ddamned heteronormative uncommunicative bushwah (on their end, not mine.) But at the same time there’s NO F*CKING POINT to becoming an elder if you don’t understand that real life takes time, opportunities for growth don’t wait, and if you don’t consider who’s going to be impacted by your decisions, your years, your grey hairs and and your learning means squat. I am still 22 in some corner of my persona, for my enthusiasms still have all the joy of my youth; I just can’t write everyone affected by my behaviour out of the script any more. I do from time to time, but not all the time.
Fortunately, since I’m pushing 60 with a broom, I can contemplate my greed like the gorram caged bear that it is. Still here, but not running the show.
Katie is still having a rough time and she and Alex are both sick again.
I am not having a rough time. I feel pretty good, all things considered. I have another two weeks of full time work. If that changes, I’ll deal with it. I actually have a plan to deal with it that I think will make almost everyone happy, at least temporarily.
Rogue One is a fucking fantastic movie. Getting eaten by Disney was the best thing that ever happened to the franchise.
Now to check if my money transfer has come through.
A few recommendations of my own:
Read the 94 recommendations.
Which of these recommendations can you action in your own life?
In your church?
At your workplace?
In your buying habits?
Do you know where the nearest Friendship Centre is? Locate it.
Do you know what languages the First Nations in your area speak?
If you have internet access, research and follow a First Nations activist on social media.
Visit your local library and borrow and read books by First Nations authors which can be fiction, poetry, memoir, non-fiction, academic.
Donate money to a First Nations cause.
Read the Indian Act.
If you have access, watch a youtube video google “youtube testimony residential schools”.
Go to a powwow. Dance your ass off.
Purchase and display art by aboriginal artists.
Examine your speech for racist terms and expunge them.
Listen to First Nations music.
Learn how to say hello, goodbye, please and thank you in a local First Nations language.
Support First Nations people by attending peaceful protests.
Learn the traditional territorial boundaries of First Nations people.
Read about the laws, traditions and spiritual beliefs of First Nations people in your area.
If you have school aged children, ensure that they learn age appropriate materials about the residential schools.
It’s a dog with its paw in its mouth.
Chalice circle was a very big disappointment. Like uncomfortable making disappointment. It got better, but I still felt very withdrawn and disconnected at the end.
1. I did some but not all of the homework. I was supposed to print out the homework and bring it with me, and also a show and tell item, but I didn’t do that.
2. Lot of no-shows. This is hard to bear; a lot of organizing went into this and I feel for both host and facilitator.
3. The ritual was in my view goofy, poorly worded and ever so sincere (we’re doing this out of a book called Soul to Soul and while I admire the effort put into it it’s all a bit ‘canned’) with that reverent spoken word Unitarian sincerity which long timers will completely get and the rest of you will go hunh? And it got my atheist back up. I don’t give a shit about facing north and thanking mother earth for her wisdom or toenail clippings or whatever. I was sneakily pleased that I wasn’t the only person in the room with the ish. NOTE: If it had been a real Cree or Salish greeting of the directions, I could have stood that. That has emotional resonance; not some made up pseudo Wiccan horse maneuvers. However the ritual was brief, I’ll give ’em that.
4. I was appalled, and I mean it, when I brought 10$ worth of cheese and got told to take it home with me as these chalice circles were not to involve food. I could feel the ghosts of a hundred Mennonite relatives cluster round me with staring eyes and pointing fingers, Matthew 25:35 “I was hungry and you fed me!” How can the soul be nourished without the body!?
5. The long pauses in between sharing were good. That was stabilizing.
6. There was housekeeping afterwards and my comment about food got taken seriously. We will have tea or something bracing and then have the sharing.
7. The goofy ritual is supposed to be tried 4 times until we get used to it and THEN if we don’t like it we’re supposed to ditch it. Hard to believe this never caught on with the Catholic Church.
8. And there’s @@@@@@ homework. We covenant to do the *$YO homework. Srsly. The point is to increase sacrifice and therefore commitment and it counts as religious education, which the minister is getting marked on, and it means that everybody is going to go through the curriculum at the same time in much the same way (varying by facilitator of course). If it was my puppy, I’d be doing it SO DIFFERENTLY AND there would still be more time for sharing. I totally get why this is happening this way, and the increased emphasis on shared experiences to somehow account for how we don’t really have a liturgical year or specific faith wide rituals has to do with gluing newcomers into the church and broadening and deepening fellowship. I get all that. But without food? Jesus wept.
I believe it could be done better, but since I’m working on other stuff for Unitarianism (my current in process homily is called “Threat Level”) and there’s this LITTLE NOTION THAT I CAN’T FIND A FUCKING COMPETENT BOOKKEEPER TO SAVE MY LIFE and I’m desperate and miserable and anxious and horrified and frightened about it really is not helping. I thought I had a back up plan but I can’t get anybody. It’s so painful and awkward it’s warping my frame.
On the plus side I’m getting a lot of money back on my taxes, or so the accountant tells me.
This is a year when my faith will be tested and toyed with, and it was ever so.
Crikey, it’s not like I needed another project. So here is what you might call a ‘substantially complete’ list of gendered slurs. I don’t want these words coming out of my mouth, so I’m trying to find replacements.
Ballbreaker – woman
Ballbuster – woman
Bimbo – starlet
Bint – woman
Bitch – crank
Bitchy – cranky
Bleeder – woman
Boob – jerk
Breeder – woman
Broad – woman
Chica – woman
Chick – young woman
Cocktease – unavailable woman
Cow – crank
Crow – crone
Cunt – cloaca
Dick – jerk
Dickwad – jerk
Dickweed – cloaca
Dog – not to my taste
Douche – jerk
Douchebag – cloaca
Dyke – lesbian
Feminazi – woman
Fish – woman
Frail – woman
Gigolo – sex worker
Girl – This one is troublesome. If for a female under 14, yes. For a female between 14 and 18 I prefer young woman or teen. Over 18 – woman.
Himbo – escort
Ho – sex worker
Honey – woman
Kitten – woman
Mangina – feminist
Minger – woman
Munter – woman
Pussy – schlemiel (in the sense of being ineffectual)
Putz – jerk
Real girl – as opposed to what, but prefer woman
Rentboy – sex worker
Scrote – timewaster
Scrotey – trivial
Sexkitten – woman
Shemale – trans woman
Skanky – unhygienic
Skirt – woman
Slag – not to my taste
Slut – enthusiast
Streetwalker – sex worker
Sweetie – woman
Teaser – woman
Tit – woman
Tosser – idler
Tranny – trans woman
Twat – jerk
Wanker – incompetent
Weiner – jerk
Whore – sex worker
Witch – woman
I left homo, queer and faggot off the list as those words appear to be in a state of flux regarding usage. I do use queerfolk as an inclusive term.
Darwin’s Beard, but there’s some good’uns in here.
I called somebody out on using a gendered slur recently and he paused & adjusted his speech. Sometimes it’s that easy. Now if I could just stop using my own slurs and replace them with something better. I am in search of a few good words, to replace a few slur-ry ones. I’m looking at YOU r-tarded and p-nsy, two words which shouldn’t even be coming into my mind, let alone leaving my mouth. If the action is stupid, I’ll use ‘ill-considered’, and if the person is stupid to the point of being a threat to life, limb and body politic, ‘witless’. P-nsy is more problematic. I am thinking ‘mollescent’ or ‘mollusc’ or ‘spineless’, although if I use mollusc I am afraid the Old Ones will cotch me. I’m working on replacing “Thank G-d” with “Thankfulness!” and I’m already well into replacing the exclamations “C—-t!” and “J—s!” with “Darwin’s Beard!”
This exceedingly useful word has a number of possible meanings. Gigaphatic can refer to the condition of someone who talks endlessly about feelings rather than ideas or it can refer to someone who is ALWAYS EXAGGERATING THEIR FEELINGS IN SPEECH BECAUSE THEY’RE JUST SO EMOTIONAL, YO.
The word of the day means beyond or past pain.
“Inflammation of the family, kinfolk”. You know pOp when the rellies have been in the spare room too long?
The word exists.
But I laughed my ass off. Motorcycles and children’s playground equipment !
It barfed all over “No tapioca in the microwave”.